Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lot 386 is on the western corner of the junction of Queen and High Streets.
Before the Oriana
The new building
- 1972: Walsh's Mens Wear.
- June 1979: Geoffrey Bruce Men's Clothier (no source given).
- fl. 2011: La Tropicana café, Magpie Books, Raine and Horne real estate, Potters House Christian church, ITP tax agents.
- History of Lot 386 Cnr. of High and Queen Streets, Fremantle, file in the Local History Centre.
- Fremantle Gazette August 29 2000, Today's shops replace 1930s cinema by John Dowson.
- "Allan Stiles spoke on his family involvement in cinemas, the building of the Grand Theatre, operating the Gaiety Theatre in South Perth, buying the Royal and Princess Theatres (Fremantle), and leasing the Piccadilly, (the company also expanded their suburban circuit with two more venues in the South Perth area, the Hurlingham and the Como), then just prior to the introduction of television, cinema companies started building drive-in cinemas. Finally TVW bought out the City Theatres consortium, and was visionary in retaining Arthur Stiles to run it and research the establishment of a ground breaking cinema for Perth, to be known as Cinema City. Hoyts then sold them the Skyline drive-in and Oriana Cinema in Fremantle, and they then built the Starline in Hilton Park, the Parkline at Forrestfield, the Riverline at Riverton, and the Beechline at Beechboro." — http://watvhistory.com/2009/03/cinema-city/
- Lot 386, Certificate of Titles 1055 715.
View the current building on OpenStreetMap: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?way=48592163